Radio nightmares Octavia mk2

Can anyone help and clear a few things up for me please, I’ve got a 2007 mk2 Octavia vrs, I’ve had a few problems with my Columbus rns510 I’ve had 2 radios and both have given up on myself so this time I’ve brought one out of a seat, however it didn’t work properly and killed the battery. 

Ive taken it too a audio / radio garage and been basically told the module is either faulty that’s why it didn’t work with the other radios, and for it too work with this seat radio I’ll need the module out of the same car the radio came out of is this true ?

also where is the module located?

how can I test the module works ? 

Can anyone help please 

What failures did you have with the two Columbus headunits?

Reading between the lines, if an RNS-510 is draining the battery the most common cause is the CAN gateway being too old A VCDS autoscan would confirm what CAN gateway you have otherwise, on a 2007 MK2 Octavia, it's probably behind the glovebox.

Hi thanks for the reply,

both columbus units would freeze on start up, and either come to life half way through journey or not work for days I would lose sound or either left or right side speakers would work. And I lost my sat nav directions on my dash.

the only radio that drained the battery was the one out of the seat when I connected it, do I need to up grade the module to get it to work with the seat radio ? 

Soto test the module I’ll need someone with vcds program/laptop to check it ? 

If I take the glove box out the module will be located there ?