Rear numberplate mountings

Hi all,

I'm new here! Sorry that my first post here is a cry for help, but this is really doing my nut (no pun intended)

I bought a used Rapid Spaceback at the beginning of this year - a lovely bright green Sport trim with the 110bhp engine. I really love it! 

A few days ago, I shut the boot and the rear numberplate half detached - it looks like the little square mount is broken, and won't stay in. I've just spent about an hour (that's not an exaggeration) searching but I'm kind of bumping up against the fact that I'm searching for what is effectively a small plastic rivet which is quite generic.

Does anyone know where to get them from?! It's a 7x7mm square plastic mounting rivet - it's got a rubber grommet to the outside of the bodywork and I believe the screw causes it to expand and stick in the square hole. There's nothing to glue it into - it goes into the empty bodywork inside the boot lid.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry can't help with the part number but I've had a similar issue ( hole too large) and  I just used a rivet to secure the number plate. 

It's an ok solution if you don't need to remove your plate often.

Or easier still, sticky pads. 

Edited by VRSbilly

These any good....

https://www.vehicleclips.co.uk/vw-audi-screw-grommets-lock-nuts-811807557c-867809966.html

or

https://www.vehicleclips.co.uk/skoda-plastic-nut-grommet-for-bumpers-wings-wheel-arches-linings-panels.html

If not search Skoda and it will bring up everything available for Skoda/VW/Seat clip wise.

I got my Mazda sill fixingclips from here, perfect fit.

Edited by MickA

• 6 months later...

Because I'm a good citizen of the internet, I thought it'd be good to post my solution to this.

I eventually gave up finding the correct fitting - the reality was that I did find it, but only in bags of 100. In the end, I used hot glue to secure it for a while - a few generous blobs either end and plenty around the old fixings. It held for a while until the weather got cold, and then the glue fractured as the temperature dropped. I've replaced it with some proper number plate adhesive strips from Halfords (bleurgh) because it had got to the point where it was just falling off and needed fixing. It's now very secure, and I'd advise anyone else to just not faff around and go straight to the adhesive pads. You do need the thicker ones because of the curve in the numberplate - Of the included 3, I used one at each end and one horizontally at the lower edge, because there's that weird indent behind the number plate.