ABS reluctor ring

Does anyone have any experience replacing the rear ABS reluctor ring? Got an error for the ABS sensor on the right rear wheel and noticed that the ring was quite worn (corrosion). I haven’t found any instructions online on how to replace it, so I was wondering if anyone has done the job before?

Are you sure its the ring?

You might try to swap left and right ABS sensors. If the error now indicates its the left wheel, you're sure its the sensor.

If its the ring, the error should remain to the right side (also with the swapped sensors)

So it’s not possible to just change the ring? 

The error comes up as intermittent, so not constantly (but most of the time). We did take out the sensor and cleaned it with compressed air, and the ring as well. But ring looks badly damaged by corrosion, so I think that is the problem.