Windscreen care - Interior Cleaner and scratch removal

WolfyWesty

Hi,

Looking for some help on a decent interior cleaner for a windscreen that doesn't streak or leave a fine haze. Tried some "streak free" wipes from the likes of Car Plan, Holts etc but they always seem to leave streaks everywhere.

What cleaner have people used that they recommend?

Also noticed two faint scratches on the inside just above the steering wheel, not overly obvious but you can feel them with a fingernail.

Please can anyone recommend glass polish to remove them?

Thanks,

Meguiars perfect clarity glass cleaner is very good and streak free and can be obtained from halfords, polish wise i cant guarantee that youll be able to get them out but you can try some autoglym glass polish also from halfords, i think that there is some type of offer going on now so the products will be cheaper then usual, also make sure that youre using a good clean microfibre cloth to clean the glass and another dry one to wipe over if needed

Hasn't there been an ad in the last month ( probably on farcebook ) where you scrape a little clear filler into the scratch & then polish off - a bit  like the outside chip remover ?

Edited by punyXpress
Brain Fade!

I just use isopropyl alcohol to clean the inside of the windscreen and buffed off with a clean microfibre.

I had a scratch on the windscreen of my previous car and was advised by a mate who works of Autoglass to leave it. He stated that the required abrasive to remove the scratch would be more noticeable as a visual distortion than the scratch itself. The same with using a filler and unless applied under pressure would be unlikely to fill the scratch properly and would be just as noticeable.

The AG glass polish mentioned by VRSboi is very fine. It won't remove the scratch but may take the edges off so not as obvious.

Edited by CWARD