Skoda Connect App Guidance

Delighted with my month old Karoq in every way...except for the Connect app! Registered and connects to car infotainment unit, however, when the car is parked (and locked), how do I utilise any of the benefits associated with Skoda Connect?

When I am away from the car how do I 'honk and flash', use 'parking position' etc. All I can currently see is the Trip Planner and my Service partner?

Am I doing something wrong or is that all I can expect from the app?

Help/guidance gratefully received

Edited by snowglowjoe
spelling mistake

But did you pay the £300 or £400 1 off fee that would give you the full service?  If not ... I believe like me you get what you can see which is pretty useless....

Thanks for the reply Simon, no-one told me about that! I can now see why, as you say, my app is pretty useless! Just out of interest, is that fee paid to the dealer, or can it be purchased on line? Not that I will be going down that route. App functions are 'a nice to have', but at that cost, I don't think so!

You need to go to the dealer for them to verify your identity so some of the other features e.g. lock/unlock, can be done via the phone app.

Driving license/passport is needed for this. I did it a couple of weeks ago, should have remembered and done it when I picked up the car...

R.

After last big Connect update I cannot launch Connect Android anymore. Deinstalled old one, installed new and now it shuts down right after launch.

Anybody else having such problems?

Cache and all app data wiped, no result. Is it somehow related to Android 9.0 ? Lots of apps refuse to work on this masterpiece.

From the other hand - old version worked on 9.0.