Suitable Coolant?

4 hours ago, nige8021 said:

https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/octavia/oct/2006-419/1/121-121070/#25  G13 is the purple  stuff you can buy it ready mixed from Eurocarparts and probably other outlets

I see in my car the existing coolant is pink though.

Is it safe to use the G30 coolant I found or does it has to be the G13 purple? Summer coming I thought I can top it up a bit you know.

Edited by very452001

TL774-D that is G12 and red/pink, TL774-F is G12+ and that is purple, TL774-G is G12++ and again purple, TL774-J the G13 is the current spec and again purple and all are backwardly compatable  the only time you can't top up with G12~G13 is if you have Blue coolant TL774-C or G11 

• Like 2

Logic (if nothing else) would say that the TL774-D/F (the op's bottle) would be compatible with both TL774-D (G12) and TL774-F (G12+) (assuming @nige8021 above post's info is correct).

I would await a little more input on this advice (if you haven't sorted it already), but i'm fairly sure if yours is pink and not purple, then the stuff you have will be fine for a top up, though you should check for leaks.

I bought a bottle of the G13 as a dash warning came up as low level. Then found it was faulty sensor and didn't need topping up.

Teach me to have a look first next time. £13 (iirc) wasted.

Just re-read nige's post above..........I misread the can't as can        So i see he's answered it.

Edited by Tilt

1 hour ago, Tilt said:

(assuming @nige8021 above post's info is correct).

The info was taken from ElsaWin

"Caution

Since starting the production, vehicles are factory-filled with coolant additive G11 - which has a bluish-green colour and conforms with the standard TL VW 774 C(B).

Vehicles produced as of MY 02 are factory filled with coolant additive G12 - which has a red colour and conforms with the standard TL VW 774 D.

Vehicles produced as of MY 03 up to MY 07 are filled with coolant additive G12 + - which has a lilac colour and conforms with the standard TL VW 774 F.

Vehicles produced as of MY 08 are filled with coolant additive G12++ - which has a lilac colour and conforms with the standard TL VW 774 G."