Vrs tfsi bwa misfires

Hello all. History car is Skoda octavia vrs 2008 tfsi estate bwa pfl 200bhp revo mapped. Pedal box. Oversize induction kit. R8 coils and iridium plugs. New updated pcv. New updated dv and dv plus. Cat back exhaust. 

New accelerator and throttle body. 

All the above in the last 9 months. 

Car has 77k 

New cambelt clutch. Pump coolant etc again all in last 8 months. 

Over the last few weeks I've noticed a very small Misfire. This got worse the other day but only when sat in traffic... Was ok when normal driving but felt as though it was missfire under load.. 

I scanned it that night and got the below codes 

OBD2 - pending:
P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected

Engine:
P1098 - Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Position Sensor (G336), Open or Short to Plus
P3137 - Intake Manifold Runner Control, Basic Setting not Completed
P0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0302 - Cylinder 2, Misfire Detected

Used Carista to get them

So cleared codes swapped coil pack 2.. Seemed a bit better but then started missing again when stationery and under load. 

On way back home drove on motorway and overtook a car it missed on multiple cylinders and light on dash flashed then went off and I drove normally. 

I came off motorway and slowed down heard a clink clink sound unsure if from engine tbh but it then Misfired a lot and then went normal???.. Drove home OK.. Parked up still Misfiring now got below codes. 

OBD2 - pending:
P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected

Engine:
P0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0302 - Cylinder 2, Misfire Detected

Is this common..... Is it coil packs.. Or flap motor.. Or Intake Manifold. Wiring.. I'm hoping it wasn't flaps went ping???... 

Regards 

Ant

• 5 weeks later...
On 05/05/2019 at 20:40, shyVRS245 said:

What fuel are you using because if you are running a mapped engine with regular 95 unleaded then you could be experiencing pinking or fuel detonation under load.:notme:

On 05/05/2019 at 20:47, vwnutant said:

I always use Costco premium fuel believe that's 97 Ron thesdays. 

Food for thoughts, Mine is 10 plate mapped to 280stage 2, always use Momentum 99 or v power. You’re problems might not be related to fuel anyway

I've been chasing a similar issue, albeit cylinder 4.

Looks like mine is down to failing injectors, replaced cyl4 injector and the miss has gone, now starting to develop one on cyl3 😒

Next plan is to have a set rebuilt and cleaned, then replace the lot.

My understanding is that the plastic baskets inside degrade and break up causing blockages.