2.0 TSI 190 GPF regeneration?

I’ve noticed quite often when parking up the radiator fan running on and quite a hot smell.

I’m wondering if the car is recovering from a Gasoline Particulate Filter regeneration (as often happened with the Octy TDI) I thought that these regenerated as you were driving normally. Perhaps it’s just because it’s new.

The car has done 2400 miles and it’s about a month old, and the journeys I’m doing are generally over 13 miles so not short distances and the engine is easily getting up to temperature.

its definitely got GPFs as you can see them underneath (2 in parallel).

Has anyone else with a 2.0 TSI 190 noticed this behaviour? PS I’m quite a gentle driver so I’m not driving it hard then parking up, water temp is showing normal.

mine does this, but, I would have thought if it was a regen then tick over revs would be increased & start stop wouldn't kick in? which mine doesn't di but fan over runs when engine is turned off. 

I only have experience with dpf on leon so I'm guessing it would be similar on gpf? 

I think the life of a GPF is likely to be much easier than that of it's friend, the DPF.

Petrol engines get up to operating temperature much faster, run hotter and are less thermally efficient than diesels. All this available heat is good for allowing the GPF to do its job without complaint.

I wonder if this is why during a GPF regen, the car is still comfortable allowing the stop/start system to operate uninterrupted, and the raised RPM isn't required?