Hello. Newly converted VW and Mazda enthusiast.

zmuzzy

Hello everyone. I'm Stefani. I've been driving VW's since I learnt to drive. My first car was a 1988 mk2 golf GTi in Helios blue. To date it's still my favourite car I've owned and might well end up with another. Next I had another GTi but a 1992 big bumper 16v which was great but just lacked some of the character. Third car was a MK3 8v GTi which was a very temporary solution in between cars.  It was heavy and slow and ugly. Eventually though I got my first new car which has been with me till now which is a Volkswagen UP. 

Anyway enough history why an I here? Ive decided the up has to go (slow, uncomfortable, boring etc) and I want a replacement. I've narrowed it down to wanting a MK1. Fabia VRS SE. I've got a budget of around £3k. 

I'm looking forward to being part of the forum and maybe coming along to shows etc. My car will be staying stock at least a while as I have my MX-5 MK1 mazdaspeed b-spec for a fun car which gets all my spare pocket money ;)

So yeah but long winded but hopefully not to boring way of saying Hi!

• Like 1

Hi zmuzy…   there's a few of us with similar car history and ownership as you with a number of us having MX5's (mines a UK spec 1995 Mk1 1.8iS that I've had for 21 years...)

Thanks everyone. Nice to know there's other Japanese car lover's here too. Nice you've held onto the MK1 so long. Hoping to keep mine for the foreseeable future. :)