BCD of S3 vs S2?

Hi All

Recently sold my L&K S2 estate and looking at getting a S3 Sportline Plus hatch. I still have the 16" steel wheels and winer tyres I used for a few years and am wondering if they will fit the S3? I'm sure I wont be that lucky but thought I'd ask.

Many thanks

thanks - looks useful but sadly I dont know enough about wheel and tyre specs to understand it.

I have 16" steel wheels and it APPEARS that the 2.0 TDI 190 needs a min of 16" wheels, so is that OK or are there other size differences? The Sportline Plus obviously will have 19" wheels as standard. If you could interpret it I'd be very grateful :D

Just checked and the tyres are 205/55 r16's, so it appears the tyres are the wrong size and I'd need 215/60 r16's if I read that correctly...

Edited by Bigpikle

17 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Yes, the wheels will fit fine but the tyres are not the correct size for a MK3

thanks - their fairly tatty looking steels now, so maybe time for some new alloys and tyres :D

In that case I may be selling my 19” SportLine alloys c/w Nokia’s winter tyres around September (which is when I will know if I’m ordering a VW ID.3

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Yes, the wheels will fit fine but the tyres are not the correct size for a MK3

That's the size spare I have in my car.

I did think it's odd that it's classed as a full size spare.

Sorry for another numpty question, but will the 16" steel wheels I currently have with 205/55's take the larger 215/60 needed for my new car? I'm assuming that works if its only 10mm but I'm not up on wheel and tyre specs.

Thanks

On 19/05/2019 at 22:47, Gizmo said:

In that case I may be selling my 19” SportLine alloys c/w Nokia’s winter tyres around September (which is when I will know if I’m ordering a VW ID.3

I may be interested as I’m planning to ditch my all-seasons and get some Mich PS4’s but I like the security of Winter tyres. 

• Like 2

@penguin17

I would support that position. Ps4s now on the rear and spare wheels with Dunlop winters in the garage.

• Thanks 1