1.4 TSI ACT (Active Cylinder Technology) - ECO mode

It's not often I get to drive the wife's Kodiaq during the week so rarely get to stretch its legs.

I found myself trying to keep the car in Eco mode for as long as possible on my lengthy but often dull commute home from work last night, was mildly entertaining :D

20190523_172518.thumb.jpg.66e6a9b70465e051282ea3c82a1b2b25.jpg

Seriously impressive. With the warm weather, I hit a best yet consumption for my commute home this week too - 53mpg for my 190 TDI. I’m not convinced I can get better than that, although a friend with a Kuga things Esso diesel give a significant improvement on supermarket fuel, so I might experiment. 

@MrTrilby

ESSO diesel as sold at ESSO & most or many stations and coming from Greenergy that imports the diesel with their partner for Importation & storage Royal Dutch Shell.

Greenergy part owned by Tesco PLC and who wholesale standard diesel to Super markets , Independent & branded stations like ESSO.

It is just diesel not 'premium diesel'. Unless buying Premium ESSO Diesel rather than the cooking stuff. (Derv)

http://greenergy.com/uk/independent

Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 13.00.57.png

Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 13.03.43.png

Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 13.04.07.png

Edited by Skoffski

Unless I'm mistaken that photo shows instantaneous fuel consumption, not an average, so means nothing really.

I also believe that on the Kodiaq 1.4tsi that ACT is only fitted on certain variants, not sure how but thinking 4x4 and/or DSG has something to do with it.

I wasn't posting the mpg, it was the "2-cylinder mode" text I was highlighting. It appears on both the current and average fuel economy views.

The "ECO" icon appears regardless of which view is selected, both the text and the icon mean the same thing.

ACT is on all 1.4 TSI 150PS engines fitted to the Kodiaq, regardless of driven wheels or gearbox.

Edited by silver1011