Dashcam hardwire fuse

Hi all, collected my new to me VRS and was up at daft o'clock this morning fitting all my stuff in including my dash cam, I've wired into fuse 40 which is 12v socket and it's not switching off, I've had a look at the handbook and there is a 230 socket which is fuse 46, I'm currently at work at the moment but would this switch off with the car? I don't have access to a multimeter. 

Just now, donny1972 said:

Pretty sure I wired mine to fuse 47 which is rear wiper.  No issues whatsoever. 

You are a star I will will try that when I get home, thank you 👍

Just now, donny1972 said:

I take it you have a piggyback fuse?

Yes, normally go off the accessory socket did in my Passat but obviously slightly different in these 

When I fitted mine, I used the fuse socket recommended in a youtube video and one recommended on here, turned out neither were switched live on my car so I had to go the multi-meter route, if you've got amazon Prime there are some for a tenner that have same day delivery :)

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Russ77 said:

When I fitted mine, I used the fuse socket recommended in a youtube video and one recommended on here, turned out neither were switched live on my car so I had to go the multi-meter route, if you've got amazon Prime there are some for a tenner that have same day delivery :)

Cheers I'll look into that 

As you have found the 12v socket isn't switched off when the car is on these. I think it's smart enough to cut power eventually but not something I'd rely on. 

47 rear wiper is common, or I used an empty one, think it was 48 which is for blindspot monitoring which my car doesn't have, so while I used a piggyback it wasn't actually piggybacking on anything and I just had the one fuse for the dashcam.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, uchuff said:

As you have found the 12v socket isn't switched off when the car is on these. I think it's smart enough to cut power eventually but not something I'd rely on. 

47 rear wiper is common, or I used an empty one, think it was 48 which is for blindspot monitoring which my car doesn't have, so while I used a piggyback it wasn't actually piggybacking on anything and I just had the one fuse for the dashcam.

Cheers I've just got back so will take a look, thank yiu to all who have commented 👍

1 hour ago, uchuff said:

Cheers I've just got back so will take a look, thank yiu to all who have commented 👍

All done with fuse 47 😁

• 2 months later...

I have been finalising the hardwiring for my Cellink Neo-6 dashcam battery today.  Having checked various fuses for a suitable switched 12V feed I've used the rear wiper as mentioned in this thread, even though the piggyback connector is a tight fit against fuse 45 (electric seats).  However as soon I turned the ignition off I got a warning on the dash 'Please check starter system'.  If I remove the piggyback connector and replace the fuse the warning disappears.  I have tried using fuses 26 (heated front seats) and 53 (heated rear window) and the warning isn't displayed, but these are permanently live.    I've avoided trying any fuses that are critical and/or safety related systems.  My car is a 2019 vRS Challenge with heated screen, wheel, blind spot assist and rear camera.

I've been using this site for reference - https://fuse-box.info/skoda/skoda-octavia-mk3-5e-2017-2018-fuse-box-diagram

Would anyone be able to shed any light or offer suggestions as to what may be causing this issue?

Thanks.

IMG_20190811_134411.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 11/08/2019 at 16:10, shrikep15 said:

I have been finalising the hardwiring for my Cellink Neo-6 dashcam battery today.  Having checked various fuses for a suitable switched 12V feed I've used the rear wiper as mentioned in this thread, even though the piggyback connector is a tight fit against fuse 45 (electric seats).  However as soon I turned the ignition off I got a warning on the dash 'Please check starter system'.  If I remove the piggyback connector and replace the fuse the warning disappears.  I have tried using fuses 26 (heated front seats) and 53 (heated rear window) and the warning isn't displayed, but these are permanently live.    I've avoided trying any fuses that are critical and/or safety related systems.  My car is a 2019 vRS Challenge with heated screen, wheel, blind spot assist and rear camera.

I've been using this site for reference - https://fuse-box.info/skoda/skoda-octavia-mk3-5e-2017-2018-fuse-box-diagram

Would anyone be able to shed any light or offer suggestions as to what may be causing this issue?

Thanks.

IMG_20190811_134411.jpg

Did you ever resolve this? I have hardwired my dashcam on my 2019 superb and got the same ‘please check starter system’ message. 
it doesn’t seem to *actually* make any difference to the operation of the car, except for the f*****g annoying beep and message on turning the car on and off. If it makes any difference, I have KESSY on my car.