Back again, Mk1 Octy VRS.

butchvrs

Hi all

I've been away from Briskoda for a while since selling my Mk3 Octavia VRS last year, but before that I was a member for 14 years.

Started in 2004 when I bought my first Octavia VRS, Carrida red with just 9k on the clock, kept for 11 years and took her to 149K.
Then sold her to help finance a brand new Mk3 220 tfsi, kept for just over 3 years and not a happy experience!
Sold it last August to by an Italian Stallion, Maserati Gransport (male menopause!), however I can't get comfortable driving it so is up for sale.

I'll now get to the point, won an ebay "Best Offer" on Sunday and went to Plymouth on B/H Monday to collect, 

Mk1 Carrida red Octavia Vrs, 94k, fsh, two owners from new (father and daughter) and in pretty good condition, just needs a little TLC like a couple of front tyres, wipers etc.
Best bit was I only paid £850 for it!

Octavia pic.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, butchvrs said:

Hi all

I've been away from Briskoda for a while since selling my Mk3 Octavia VRS last year, but before that I was a member for 14 years.

Started in 2004 when I bought my first Octavia VRS, Carrida red with just 9k on the clock, kept for 11 years and took her to 149K.
Then sold her to help finance a brand new Mk3 220 tfsi, kept for just over 3 years and not a happy experience!
Sold it last August to by an Italian Stallion, Maserati Gransport (male menopause!), however I can't get comfortable driving it so is up for sale.

I'll now get to the point, won an ebay "Best Offer" on Sunday and went to Plymouth on B/H Monday to collect, 

Mk1 Carrida red Octavia Vrs, 94k, fsh, two owners from new (father and daughter) and in pretty good condition, just needs a little TLC like a couple of front tyres, wipers etc.
Best bit was I only paid £850 for it!

Octavia pic.jpg

Welcome back. The Skoda itch is a difficult one to ignore I'm sure you will agree. Very brave to buy a Maserati but I understand the appeal.:thumbup:

The Mk3 I was very disappointed with, drivers seat side wore through at 13000 miles and two years old, Skoda didn't want to know about a warranty claim, then at 22000 miles it started blowing blue smoke under acceleration and oil residue around the oil filler cap!
My old Mk1 never used a drop of oil and the seats where just showing signs of wear at 140000 miles.

Yes the Maserati is a completely different beast, Ferrari derived V8, 400bhp, flappy paddles etc, everything you would expect from what is in effect a Supercar and I really don't want to sell, but if I'm not comfortable driving it there's no point in keeping it (I have a lower back injury).

Maser garden.jpg

• Thanks 1