Octavia UK Delivery time

Morning All,

Could you let me know your experiences of how long it took from your new car arriving in the UK to it arriving at the dealer?

I am waiting for my new VRS 245 and it is over two weeks since the dealer rang me to let me know that the car was in the UK.

Should it be ready by now?

TIA

Jeff

Generally yes, but this part of the process really depends on how busy the delivery companies are, and if dealer’s service section has time for PDI

There are some stories of dealers waiting until specific salesman is available, bit of a bummer if he is on holiday and no one else will hand over keys.

3 hours ago, JD52 said:

Morning All,

Could you let me know your experiences of how long it took from your new car arriving in the UK to it arriving at the dealer?

I am waiting for my new VRS 245 and it is over two weeks since the dealer rang me to let me know that the car was in the UK.

Should it be ready by now?

TIA

Jeff

I've got a vRS 245 on order at an earlier stage,so would be interested to know how many weeks you were between placing the order and being told the car was in the UK?

4 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

Generally yes, but this part of the process really depends on how busy the delivery companies are, and if dealer’s service section has time for PDI

There are some stories of dealers waiting until specific salesman is available, bit of a bummer if he is on holiday and no one else will hand over keys.

Yeah, thanks for this.

I understand that two from import to collection is fairly standard, The thing I worry about is that the car has not yet got to the dealer more than two weeks after arriving in the UK.

4 hours ago, *JP* said:

I've got a vRS 245 on order at an earlier stage,so would be interested to know how many weeks you were between placing the order and being told the car was in the UK?

The car was ordered on 21st March and I was informed that it was in the UK on 17th May, approx 8 weeks.

Initially I was quoted 12 weeks for delivery.

44 minutes ago, JD52 said:

The car was ordered on 21st March and I was informed that it was in the UK on 17th May, approx 8 weeks.

Initially I was quoted 12 weeks for delivery.

Thanks,that's not too bad then,I was quoted 12/14 weeks so 8 weeks to the UK would be great.

...seems my order for a 245 may be one of the last since the configurator now states only stock cars.

Approximately 9 weeks from order to build date for my Challenge.  The day after my build date the dealer told me it was on it's way to Germany, so presumably will be up to a couple of weeks until it reaches the dealers.  As per JP's post intial estimate was 12 weeks, but advised could be as long as 16.

Edited by shrikep15

1 hour ago, TDIum said:

Similar situation with my SE-L. I have been told its been bumped back to a July build date and it will be a model-year 20. 

Is there any difference that we know of between MY 19 and  MY 20?

...I assume therefore the "new" Octavia will be MY21 when it arrives?

• Haha 1

On 02/06/2019 at 12:30, SurreyJohn said:

Thanks for all the replies.

An update, the car is arriving at the dealer this week and will be collected next week. 

Can't wait 👍👍

Edited by JD52