2014 1.6TDI with 7sp DSG odd noise in 7th

So i have encoutered what i can best describe a groan is happening at around the 60mph mark in 7th on the over run (basically no load through the box). Its enough of a noise to create a sudder or vibration which can be felt throught the thottle pedal (which obviously im away has no direct link any thing apart from the bulkhead.

If i accerate noice goes. If i let the speed drop and accerate through that point nothing.. i can go up to 70 lift of the power allowing the gearbox/engine breaking slow the car not noice till the 60 mark.

The gearbox seems to behaving propley.

Gear changes up and down in manual and auto seem fine. Clutches dont appear to have any slip that can notice at least...

And noise doesnt seem to happen in any other situation..

Im yet to try testing in ECO mode (where the box is place in coast mode when lifting off the thottle.)

Im  not massively concerned as i have a month or so of used Warranty to try and sort it. But i just find it confusing has any one come across a similar thing or any ideas?

Done this last night... noise present in Eco mode... so speed specific. So i dont thing its box related.

Had a recent MOT so i cant image any psyical signs are showing but will be putting on a rap for a nose...

On 03/06/2019 at 18:39, logiclee said:

Do you have any signs of irregular wear on the tyres? 

Not Across the treads. Thought I noticed I have a buldge on the side wall on N/S/F, it doesn't appear to be have effected the surface that would be in contact with the road... But for the sake of ruling it out I will be moving the fronts to the rear, for this a the face the rears are getting a little old and dont seem to grip as well and causing the back to feel a little lose on greasier roads.

36 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

Sounds like you are dodging the bullet and you just need tyres.

Best not run that tyre with a bulge anymore.

Well thats what Im hoping, its simply the tyres. money is a little tight. If I can rule the noise out to be that tyre then jobs a good un... new tyre if the noise is still there back to Skoda to establish what that noise is.

Thanks

Better to fit undamaged tyres for your and everyone elses safety. A tyre with a  bulge is illegal afaik.  There are decent mid price tyres around such as Barum or Avon or even budget tyres if you are really hard up.🙁

Fully aware of the implecations... but car is vital to be on the road so really was weighing up whats more like to bite me in the ass. As i dont really trust used warranty to cover it.

Long story short. After having a good look at the tyres and ordering 4.. to try and estavblish whats causing the the issue. I move the least damaged to the front. But appear to be oringal tyres!! Treads is close but was legal... it was enough to establish the vibratuon felt through the pedal must of been the buldge as now i hard feel it.

The bad news noise is still there....