Octavia vrs 230

Ryno2606

Hi all,

I’m currently looking at switching from my fiesta st to a family car and the Octavia vrs is the primary candidate right now. 

I’ve found an Octavia vrs 230 tsi 2016 model for £15,000 which from what I can see appears good value? 

Its done 30k mileage and is a manual. 

Has as anyone had/ got the 230 I’d be interested in your thoughts specifically pros/cons? 

Is this by any chance the red one at Bristol Street Skoda in Derby?

I'm afraid it sold already. It went on Autotrader on Wednesday. I went to see it on my way to work on Thursday and it already had a "sold" sticker on it.

I'm currently on the lookout for a 230. I've no idea why it's so cheap - it's £2.5k under equivalent cars I've seen elsewhere.

Hi Andy, 

it’s a black hatchback. I think the one in derby might’ve been an estate? 

The 230 seem like great value as I’m not keen to spend the money of a 245 as I think I’ll lose to much in depreciation and the 220s don’t get the diff.. so 230 would be ideal for me. 

Think im going to bite the bullet and buy the one I’ve seen. I only do circa 5k annual mileage so I can’t imagine I’ll get stung too badly even if worst happens! 

15k leaves me a healthy budget for after mark tuning as well. I’m thinking of an apr Revo ‘stage 1’ to begin with and maybe some new wheels as I can’t imagine the 19 extremes are a nice ride long term