Oil usage,

Had my car (2014 vrs diesel) about 2months and done about 3.5k and the oil level warning has just come on for the second time, 1st time I wasn’t that worried, I put enough in so it was just below max on the dipstick, surely it’s not using oil that quickly, no signs of oil on the drive, it’s got warranty so I’m not that worried! 

Some guys on the forum hopefully will tell you about vRS diesels and there oil consumption figures.

You can go to the Independent garage with some knowledge, if they try and palm you off. 

When I first got my Diesel (8500 miles on the clock) I had to top up every month about 250ml, I guess the engine was bedding in?

Now I am on 38K miles and it hardly uses any oil, I check it every month but have not had to top up since its last service in Feb - done about 5K miles since then.

I think it takes about 1ltr from the min mark to the max mark so yours has used 1 ltr in 3.5K - if you look in the manual I think it says 1 ltr per 1000 miles is within tolerance (it doesn't make sense I know but I suppose Skoda are covering themselves)

I doubt the garage you bought it from will entertain much unless you can prove a fault, but with your figures it fits within the manual (I am guessing that's what they will say)

My advice is to go to a different garage and get a diagnosis, if there is a warranty on it then you can claim under that.

16 hours ago, Dan77 said:

Had my car (2014 vrs diesel) about 2months and done about 3.5k and the oil level warning has just come on for the second time, 1st time I wasn’t that worried, I put enough in so it was just below max on the dipstick, surely it’s not using oil that quickly, no signs of oil on the drive, it’s got warranty so I’m not that worried!