I'm back

gregwhates

As Brian says "welcome back". I'm suddenly seeing a lot more Yeti's in this part of Hampshire - perhaps as they are getting older those hardy one in northern parts are making the sensible decision to retire to the the milder climate of the South Coast? And yes I do mean the cars not the owners. I've had mine six years now and no intention of getting rid of it for the foreseeable future - why spend a lot of money for something that might not serve me so well? 

12 hours ago, gregwhates said:

Octy was a car, Yeti is more like a pet!

Oddly my lad said the same when we got rid of the Octavia and bought our first Yeti; it was like selling a car and getting a labrador.

Of course, having traded the Yeti for a Superb, it's like having the labrador put town and getting a bus.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Paul52 said:

As Brian says "welcome back". I'm suddenly seeing a lot more Yeti's in this part of Hampshire - perhaps as they are getting older those hardy one in northern parts are making the sensible decision to retire to the the milder climate of the South Coast? And yes I do mean the cars not the owners. I've had mine six years now and no intention of getting rid of it for the foreseeable future - why spend a lot of money for something that might not serve me so well? 

We're in Hampshire, too, so partly responsible for the influx!

4 minutes ago, Gyp said:

Oddly my lad said the same when we got rid of the Octavia and bought our first Yeti; it was like selling a car and getting a labrador.

Of course, having traded the Yeti for a Superb, it's like having the labrador put town and getting a bus.

Superb is a great car, enjoy!

3 minutes ago, gregwhates said:

Superb is a great car, enjoy!

Oh, it is and I do, but there really is a difference and i drive the two of them very differently.

The Yeti was fun and i drove it enthusiastically. The Superb is like a limo and I go everywhere far more sedately.

I also washed and polished the Yeti a lot. Foam, clay, various polishes, the lot. I've pointed the pressure washer at the Superb one in the 18 months of ownership. That probably says something about the Yeti too.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gyp said:

Oh, it is and I do, but there really is a difference and i drive the two of them very differently.

The Yeti was fun and i drove it enthusiastically. The Superb is like a limo and I go everywhere far more sedately.

I also washed and polished the Yeti a lot. Foam, clay, various polishes, the lot. I've pointed the pressure washer at the Superb one in the 18 months of ownership. That probably says something about the Yeti too.

I remember a Jeremy Clarkson review of the Superb - "great, but the sort of car you'd buy by the yard". A bit different to his classic yeti review!