Brake light issue

Hi all

I'll admit to not being technically minded at all before I start!

Fabia Mk3 SE-L 1.2 110PS

Warning light on screen says check rear left brake light and indeed it is not working. Have changed bulb and fuse (No.1 in fuse box I believe). Brake light still not working. Right brake light and high level brake light are fine. On one occasion, also had left reverse light warning at same time as trying to sort brake light but that seems to have gone now.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Darren

Did you check the bulb visually and same for fuse now that replacing both has not fixed your problem - really to see if they were faulty?

Checked fuse and that was fine, checked bulb and whilst the filament was still intact, the base seemed very dark, almost burnt look to it.

Strange thing is, all seems fine this morning with warning gone off screen and lights working fine.

Maybe a dodgy switch somewhere? Maybe it just needed to reset itself?

Will keep an eye on it for the next few days. 

I had something similar on my old fiesta, I think it was a dodgy contact on the bulb holder. I say I think as I cleaned it all then bent the pins up a bit more carefully and after that it was fine. I've not seen the fabia ones so can't say if it's different. Could try the bulb from the other side to test as you know that ones good. 

I've seen the contacts on a late 2009 SEAT Ibiza, and they abuse the solder on the bulbs very badly, far too stiff contacts and so not really sprung as in older cars, not impressed!