Skoda "Reverse" assist?

Silly question - but does having "Front Assist" also protect you from the rear?

I was reversing into a spot last night and went in a little faster than usual and the reverse sensor went to a solid tone and it felt like I had hit a brick wall (sounded like it too) however I had about a foot of space behind me and hadn't hit anything.

ABS sounded like it had activated too.

I've got Park Assist on mine, if you reverse too fast when you're using it, it does the same as you've describes and issues a message "Park Assist Ended, Reverse speed to great" (or words to that effect) and I can confirm it does feel like you've hit a brick wall!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Russ77 said:

I've got Park Assist on mine, if you reverse too fast when you're using it, it does the same as you've describes and issues a message "Park Assist Ended, Reverse speed to great" (or words to that effect) and I can confirm it does feel like you've hit a brick wall!!!

I've got pauper spec on mine, so only reverse sensors but good to know!

Same here. Not sure what triggers it but I have park assist and rear traffic alert and on the odd occasion when I'm reversing, although I'm aware of the high verge behind, if I get too close the car slams on the brakes (you feel the pedal go from under your foot).

I suppose it's a good system but where it faulters on my car, is the side parking sensors being oh so sensitive. resulting in park assist alarm going crazy if you park alongside a high kerb. But if you're reversing alongside a high kerb, the rear assist anchors drop and the car won't budge - you then need to use plenty of accelerator to keep it moving backwards . It feels like someone placed chocks under the wheels.

It's called Manoeuvre Braking and it will stop you bashing into things if it thinks you're going to hit it. It uses the parking sensors and from experience works between about 5 and 15mph. Under 5mph it will happily let you bump into things. 

• Like 1

Certainly a useful, but unexpected feature.

My wife and I just looked at each other and sighed thinking I had just hit something and the noise it made could only mean £££ but when I got out I was miles away from anything and even then it was a shrub lol.

Hey ho, another "simply clever" situation ;)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gRoberts said:

Certainly a useful, but unexpected feature.

My wife and I just looked at each other and sighed thinking I had just hit something and the noise it made could only mean £££ but when I got out I was miles away from anything and even then it was a shrub lol.

Hey ho, another "simply clever" situation ;)

I was exactly the same, days after getting the car, reversing into a parking space and thought I'd smashed into a bollard or something. I was actually 6 inches away from crashing into some ferns.