Tow Ball type and fitting advice please

mattrixdesign2

Hi

I own a Sportline 2l diesel. Great car, I got a good deal on one at port (inc heated front screen, heated front and rear seats, electric boot as extras) therefore didnt have chance to order the factory fit fold out tow bar.

I do a lot of cycling and currently carry bikes (normally 1 or 2 sometimes 4), via a roof rack. A few issues, I need a stool to reach, not 100% secure (another story 😔), noisy, gets mud and grit every where if the bikes are messy etc.

So decided its now time for a rear tow bar mounted carrier.

So need a tow bar fitting, I want it quickly removable or foldable, I want everything done properly (wiring) and made compatible with the car (sensors, camera, electric boot etc).

Any tips on what type I need to be asking for, what brands, and who is best to fit, dealer, know company, local garage etc.

Thanks

I used North West towbars in Stockport for the removable Witter bar that is fitted to my Octavia. They also fitted and coded the correct towing module. I was very pleased with their service.

I had a detachable tow bar fitted to my sport line by a company called jib towbars but this is in Birmingham. I was delighted with their work and use it for a 4 bike rack with light bar. All properly wired and trailer icon appears when reversing etc and using sensors.