Spaceback - Ride Quality, Wind Noise, Road Noise

jamesbcg

Hello. I'm looking at a 2016 Spaceback Sport 1.2 108bhp for £9500. I like the Car-Net technology, sports seats, panoramic roof, turbo petrol engine, 6 gears, large boot.

Every review mentions wind and/or road noise negatively. I didn't notice it when doing the test drive, but then it was a brief test drive, and we were talking during the drive. What are peoples opinions on the ride quality of the Spaceback? Especially on motorway journeys. Is the wind noise really that bad? Is the road noise really that bad?

I have a 2014 spaceback and It does two runs on the M6 every day and I'd say the wind/road noise isn't much different than any other car I've had previously (Renault Clio, Skoda Fabia & Seat Ibiza).

• Thanks 1

On 02/07/2019 at 08:17, WolfyWesty said:

I have a 2014 spaceback and It does two runs on the M6 every day and I'd say the wind/road noise isn't much different than any other car I've had previously (Renault Clio, Skoda Fabia & Seat Ibiza).

Thanks for replying! COuld you tell me which trim you have? I'm wondering how much of a difference the Sport trim alloys (17") make to the ride.

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 22:59, jamesbcg said:

Thanks for replying! COuld you tell me which trim you have? I'm wondering how much of a difference the Sport trim alloys (17") make to the ride.

Hi,

Mine is an SE with Panoramic roof (not sure if that makes a difference or not) and has the 17" wheels.

• Thanks 1