Octavia VRS '13 - DPF g450 totally melted??

So,

my car started going occasionally limp mode and giving code that DPF sensor voltage low or something (cant remember) - then one day the engine light pop'd up and i started investigating problem. I found out that my G450 (hope its right word for it) has totally melted:

https://imgur.com/a/lLMlSMj

has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I cant wrap my head around that how could that be possible.

Mine did it too a few months ago.

It's the DPF pressure sensor. It needs replacing along with the connector at the end of the wiring loom and then needs calibrated using VCDS.

Pressure sensor - 03L906051D - £67

Connector - 8k0973703 - £4.10

• 5 months later...

I have just had this problem too. Lost power on 120 mile drive home yesterday. No engine light. 

Code read it this morning, dpf pressure sensor and sensor is like yours, totally melted. 

Did a new sensor cure the fault for you or was the dpf the route cause of the sensor melting and needed a new dpf? Worried as I have a 2000 mile trip coming up in 2 weeks

• 6 months later...
On 03/07/2019 at 17:53, jordy_wd said:

Mine did it too a few months ago.

It's the DPF pressure sensor. It needs replacing along with the connector at the end of the wiring loom and then needs calibrated using VCDS.

Pressure sensor - 03L906051D - £67

Connector - 8k0973703 - £4.10

When you say calibrated - due you mean adapted with stored values in VCDS

I have just had second sensor meltdown, wires we're re routed after last time it happened 4 weeks ago, had to splice in complete engine loom passing the sensor.

Is it just a case of cheap sensors or is there something I am not seeing causing this - looks like its damaged the replacement rocker cover as well - can't believe the issues with these cars

Was it an OEM part?

For it to get cooked it either has to be a heat shielding issue, or the diaphragm in the sensor is repturing causing a flow of hot exhaust gasses through it and thus cooking it, could the pipes be blowing off it somehow?

Left burned out yesterday after 85 miles trouble free operation - Right - 3 weeks ago, I  was getting pinking, checked out pipework for leaks on the ramp, nothing seen, then clearing codes I got several I couldn't clear -= opened the bonnet and a scene of devastation with fried wiring loom, planned to replace whole section form ECU - but couldn't get one in time so spliced new section in for cables same size and colours from an old A2 loom - very tedious.  I am wondering if this is happening during a regen - hot gases from the DPF frying the cheap plastic.  I overhauled the engine completely in November, stripped, bores honed new rings, injector seals, glow plugs, oil cooler, oil pump, main and big end shells, crank polish, camshaft, followers, valve guides and seals , valves reground, timing but all self and gaskets, new DMF and clutch - spent around £2800 - inc paying the garage to remove and refit the engine box - I think they may have damaged the turbo hose putting it back in - high pressure side - outlet

Any suggestions welcomed - today I will fit a Bosch branded G450 sensor and see what happens ?

IMG_1547.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

IMG_1440.JPG

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG

4 hours ago, AudiPhile300 said:

Left burned out yesterday after 85 miles trouble free operation - Right - 3 weeks ago, I  was getting pinking, checked out pipework for leaks on the ramp, nothing seen, then clearing codes I got several I couldn't clear -= opened the bonnet and a scene of devastation with fried wiring loom, planned to replace whole section form ECU - but couldn't get one in time so spliced new section in for cables same size and colours from an old A2 loom - very tedious.  I am wondering if this is happening during a regen - hot gases from the DPF frying the cheap plastic.  I overhauled the engine completely in November, stripped, bores honed new rings, injector seals, glow plugs, oil cooler, oil pump, main and big end shells, crank polish, camshaft, followers, valve guides and seals , valves reground, timing but all self and gaskets, new DMF and clutch - spent around £2800 - inc paying the garage to remove and refit the engine box - I think they may have damaged the turbo hose putting it back in - high pressure side - outlet

Any suggestions welcomed - today I will fit a Bosch branded G450 sensor and see what happens ?

IMG_1547.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

IMG_1440.JPG

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG

Surely that's a completely different engine to a EA288 TDI?

• 3 weeks later...

Bosch Sensor fitted and adapted OK all good apart from low reading for turbo boost when revved, I think it could be N75 pressure sensor - changing that today - any feedback anyone ?