Moving from a Yeti to a Karoq?

Shivers

Thank you for all the helpful replies. Sorry that it's taken me so long to respond but I've been away.

I recently had a test drive a Skoda Karoq 1.0 SE at my local dealership but it was very sluggish but then I tried another Skoda Karoq 1.0 SE Nav Plus at another dealership and it was a much smoother, enjoyable ride. I can definitely see the benefits of the larger space, better tech and improved safety so I just need to check how far the budget can stretch to. The higher spec Karoq models (SEL, Edition) are lovely but expensive so I am looking at either the Karoq SE or SE Nav Plus. I like having the in-built sat nav on my Yeti Urban although it's not as good as Apple maps. Does anyone have either model and have thoughts on whether the SE Nav Plus is worth the extra money? 

Thanks in advance. 

19 minutes ago, Shivers said:

Thank you for all the helpful replies. Sorry that it's taken me so long to respond but I've been away.

I recently had a test drive a Skoda Karoq 1.0 SE at my local dealership but it was very sluggish but then I tried another Skoda Karoq 1.0 SE Nav Plus at another dealership and it was a much smoother, enjoyable ride. I can definitely see the benefits of the larger space, better tech and improved safety so I just need to check how far the budget can stretch to. The higher spec Karoq models (SEL, Edition) are lovely but expensive so I am looking at either the Karoq SE or SE Nav Plus. I like having the in-built sat nav on my Yeti Urban although it's not as good as Apple maps. Does anyone have either model and have thoughts on whether the SE Nav Plus is worth the extra money? 

Thanks in advance. 

Although we are about to trade in our SEL I think this version of the Karoq represents the sweet spot in the range. It has everything anyone would realistically need with front/rear sensors, rear parking camera and heated seats which slide or remove in the back for excellent flexibility. Plus the built in Sat Nav is nice to have. The 18" alloys are smart and tyres not too low profile to upset the excellent ride and speed bumps are no problem as well (as you live in London). The reason we are changing to an Octavia is we have been waiting 19 months for Skoda to fix the 1st gear lurching in our 1.5TSi otherwise I would have kept it because it ticks a lot of boxes for us and the interior is very smart in SEL trim.:thumbup:

I've just read that the varioflex seats only come with the SEL and upwards trims. Not that I've ever needed to remove the seats in my Yeti but it's still a nice to have option. I really like the interior of the SEL and the extra spec but I'm not sure my budget can stretch quite that far. I've not leased a car before but I might look at that as a possible option. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

6 weeks ago, traded in my Yeti 1.2 SE DSG for a red Karoq 1.0 Technology DSG - the last 1.0 tech auto to be imported I was told.  I was going to wait another 2 years as the Yeti was only 5.5yrs old.  I'd only gone for a test drive, but being informed there of the likely discontinuation of all 1.0DSGs panicked me.  I liked the Yeti - pretty economical, but found the ride a bit too firm and road noise a bit too much, even after replacing the 17" wheels - 225/50 tyres with 16" 215/60 M X Climates, even though they were a significant improvement.  The Bridgestone Turanza 001 Evo 215/55 shod Koraq with 17" wheels is a big improvement here as the car is in most ways.

Rather more relaxing to drive and quieter + even more economical.  Still getting familiar with the more advanced features like adaptive cruise control, satnav, front parking sensors, stop/start + had a rear camera fitted too, but sadly couldn't get varioflex seats, lane keeping, blind spot monitoring, nor self parking as after-fitments.  I had tried a more upmarket 4wd 2.0 diesel auto Karoq a year ago, but found the ride/road noise no better than my reshod Yeti.  The dealer I bought my car from, initially wanted to sell my a 1.0DSG SEL with 18" wheels but I found the ride still not quite as good as a secondhand 17" SE I'd driven elsewhere a few days before.  Anyway I didn't want leather seats, nor keyless ignition, but this car did have the varioflex seats (as did my Yeti).  I'm a big fan of DSG by the way even in spite of the well known fast start from standstill issue.

So far so good, glad I stuck to my guns re 17" wheels and definitely my best car yet even if not perfect (past cars have included Peugeot 505 auto, BMW E39 523 auto, Saab 9-5 auto).  I could mention some niggles, but already gone on too long, so will save them for another message later.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Update -  I had the suspension checked out at the dealers to see if the transit blocks were still there. "All performing normally and as expected sir" was the response.

Interestingly, the car is handling better now with no odd, uncertain feeling when changing direction at roundabouts etc. My wife noticed the difference too as a passenger so its not just wishful thinking!

Happy bunny!

• 6 months later...

I've just purchased a pre-reg 20 plate Karoq Sportline 2.0 TSI 190 4x4 DSG.  I've part ex'd my Superb Sportline 280 4x4 DSG after owning a couple of years (great car, but had to do sell as the lower down seating position hurts my back).

Before the Superb, I owned a Yeti 170 TDI 4x4 manual (I remapped for fuel economy so was probably more like 200bhp) for over 100K miles , which was as yet, the best car I've owned.  I am looking forward to getting the Karoq and seeing how the 190 TSI and DSG work for me..

The Yeti was great fun to drive - the Superb less so (it felt it's size!), so fingers crossed this gives an entertaining drive.

Picking it up next week..

• Like 2