Another one bites the dust!

The systems are pretty much the same minus the speakers on the Skoda/Seat, so I am sure most of your previous knowledge will apply here, although I have to say that I had an Octavia with a MIB1 Bolero that sounded horrible and my current Cupra with the Seat sound system is one of the best car sounds I have heard.

1 minute ago, Jaco2k said:

The systems are pretty much the same minus the speakers on the Skoda/Seat, so I am sure most of your previous knowledge will apply here, although I have to say that I had an Octavia with a MIB1 Bolero that sounded horrible and my current Cupra with the Seat sound system is one of the best car sounds I have heard.

from what I can make out it comes with the following, I could be wrong though as all current bumf has been taken down for the "R"

Media System Plus with 8.0" colour touchscreen with proximity sensor, 4 USB ports, DAB, Voice recognition, CD Player, 8 speakers

the good thing is the Octavia and Leon share the same boot floor so my custom made enclosure should drop right into the Leon (hopefully)

6 hours ago, Jaco2k said:

Did you ever have an opportunity to sample an Octavia with Canton, for comparison?

I have a MIB1 Columbus with Canton, and keep looking at Cupras with either Seat Sound System or the Beats Audio System. Both, on paper at least, appear inferior to the Canton system.

31 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Did you ever have an opportunity to sample an Octavia with Canton, for comparison?

I have a MIB1 Columbus with Canton, and keep looking at Cupras with either Seat Sound System or the Beats Audio System. Both, on paper at least, appear inferior to the Canton system.

Never heard the Canton system but audiophiles that heard my Seat sound system said it was nearly perfect and to leave it alone.

Also, in Seat forums, the audio minded members that have compared Seat sound system with Beats say that the Seat sound system sounds much cleaner.

Also, people got hold of part numbers for the speakers and the Beats speakers are some old generic VW stuff that has been on many models.

As I said, cannot really comment on the Canton, but I have heard an Alpine full install (headunit, amps and speakers + sub) and the Seat sound system is just as good (yes, I know it sounds exaggerated, but go and listen).

• Like 1