Karoq 1.5 TSi DSG

Wimmy

Very interesting! I too asked for the warranty at registration but like some others it seemed to be forgotten! Mind you so were some other items. The floor mats were not fitted as requested and the number plate was not an EU plate as requested. I also had concerns over the wet or dry clutch pack. I shall be speaking to my dealer! There seems to be a theme here?

Further news about the warranty issue. Yesterday I spoke to the sales manager and apparently his message to me was not quite as I stated. The only factory warranty available has to be applied before registration. Afterwards it is a Skoda UK warranty, which seems odd. He told me that the extended one-year warranty can be bought just before three years are up and it covers everything except wear and tear (eg the DSG clutch pack!). He also told me that Skoda UK claim that no Karoq with the DSG has had a gearbox failure. Is this true?

8 hours ago, Sad555 said:

If there has never been a DSG failure why don’t they cover it under warranty?

They do cover it under warranty surely?

I assume they are treating it in the same manner as the clutch in a manual where how the car is driven can cause premature clutch wear and so excluded. Can't remember the detail but I think someone said that holding a DSG on the footbrake in traffic can cause more wear than using autohold/parking brake? 

20 minutes ago, VAGCF said:

I assume they are treating it in the same manner as the clutch in a manual where how the car is driven can cause premature clutch wear and so excluded. Can't remember the detail but I think someone said that holding a DSG on the footbrake in traffic can cause more wear than using autohold/parking brake? 

I think its the reverse and holding on the parking brake causes the clutch to wear as the dsg is still engaged whereas the footbrake firmly applied disengages the dsg.

One advantage of the electric handbrake plus DSG is that when the car stops, the brakes are applied and the clutches disengage, so no need to keep the footbrake pressed or go into neutral.

• Like 1

So which is it then! :thinking:

Whichever, there can be wear on the clutch packs due to how the car is driven (well, held) and so I guess this what Skoda use as a get out of replacing under warranty.