DSG YETI. Warranty??

Hi Everyone! 

My first post :) 

I'm picking up a 2016 Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI 150 DSG next week and i can't wait! 

The only thing that i'm worried about it do I or don't i get the extra warranty? I think mine is the Wet clutch DSG which i believe is more reliable?

After speaking to my friend who is a mechanic he said the engine is great, DSG is reliable enough but if they go wrong they can cost alot of money. 

£4000? Then warranty will cost £800 for 3 years. 

Whats everyone else thoughts?

Thank you

Greetings and welcome Darren 👋

That's a real difficult one to answer and is really a matter of personal choice.  The Yeti may have the last bits of the Manufacturer's Warranty left, and I presume where you're buying it from will offer you some sort of warranty.

Both the engine and DSG (yes, it'll be a six speed wet clutch) are well proven and robust, generally speaking.  Like everything, they need to be looked after.

And yes, they can be very expensive to repair.  But if there are no indication of any problems, you most likely don't have any reason to be unduly concerned.

£800 sounds a lot (to me), but if it's peace of mind you're after, maybe it's the right choice for you.

Gaz

Depends on the terms of the policy really. Which policy were you looking at, and have you compared it with other available warranties out there?

So you can compare properly, against the cost and cover given.