Blower grille?

No idea what it's called, the adjustable grill style things for your blowers.

I managed to break 2 of the panels, trying to put a Satnav on, oops!

Anyone know how to fix them? They appear to just be sort of stuck down, anyone experienced this before?

There are three dashboard vent grilles which appear to be common to all Octy 2s as far as I can see.  Skoda-parts lists them thus: left, centre and right.

There are also a number of suppliers on aliexpress - such as this one -  listing them in various colours so once you have determined the correct part number go search on aliexpress for the right one/s for you.   Shipping takes anything from 2-6 weeks but it's just like fleabay and usually a lot cheaper :)  You could obviously also look at your chosen part number/s on fleabay.

The vents simply clip out and snap back in but I'd strongly recommend you obtain a plastic trim remover - like these ones - so you don't risk damaging the plastic trim and surround.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SimpsonMrG said:

So is there no way to unstick the slats

It depends very much on how the slats are stuck together.  If it's just accumulated "car muck" - dust, grease, sticky fingers - you could try using q-tips and a detergent to very gently wipe the slats but do be careful as they are delicate.

What usually happens is something causes the gears behind the slats to jump teeth and thus leave the slats out of step and unable to open/close evenly or even just jammed.  It has been known for the extremely keen and dedicated and patient fettler to tease the slats back where they should be but the success rate is low.

If it helps I can upload some piccies of vents with "skip" problems from my old mk1 Octy.  Let me know.

BTW if it's of any help I'll be in Carlisle around lunchtime this coming Sunday then overnighting in Cockermouth before a relaxed return via the "Cumbrian Outback" :)

Edited by StickyMicky

16 minutes ago, kris_kristofferson said:

God Damn Sicky. That's one helpful post right there!

Thanks.  BTW I'm Sticky, not Sicky :)

It's worth remembering that Skoda builds cars in China so a lot of the Chinese-manufactured parts are made for supply to the official parts channels.  I bought a rear blower vent to replace mine as someone on the past had poked stuff into the vents; when it arrived I compared it to the one from the car and could not tell the difference.

If you look at the pictures of the vent in question - or even better look at the new one when you get it -  you will see the moulded "spring" wedges that hold the vent in place in the dashboard.  Once you know where they are it is easy to position your plastic trim removal tool at the right place, slide it in and gently start to lever the vent out from the dashboard.