Stereo size

Hi guys, 

just a quick one, would anyone If I can fit a bolero or Columbus stereo in my Octavia? My current stereo is an Amundsen. 

I am pretty sure my stereo is MIB2 but here is a photo if any of you wise peep could confirm 🙂

Forgot to say my Octavia is an MK3!

0D70E7D8-E868-49E1-AF7D-AAE0A74F7189.jpeg

Edited by true247spartan

10 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Why would you want a Bolero with no nav? This is a MIB1 Amundsen. There are several retrofit options, lots of threads on this lately.

I want to retro fit this system found. But unsure if it fits. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183858199387

I previously installed a Navgate Evo but it was faulty and reverted back to factory system.

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

It does not, it’s says 5.8 inch screens are not supported which is what you have. What features do you want and what is your budget? That will dictate the best choice of radio.

Yeah I read that part! I was being optimistic haha 🙂

i want apple car play and the ability to keep stalk controls with dashboard display. 

I have a budget of £500.

Then your best bet is a MIB2 Amundsen 5Q0035874A. For £500 in the current climate of 8 inch screens going up in price you may struggle to get one of those but you can do it easily for that with the matching 6.5 inch screen the Amundsen cane with, these are not very valuable, part number 5E0919605J. You will also need a USB 5Q0035726E and a coding tool to send your installer a scan of the car to match everything up. The radio will need component protection removal and then you can send it to someone who can code it. I always recommend Pawel (pab567) for radio work.