Alloys

Can’t believe I am writing this. My car has been into Bedford Skoda today. I have now checked the car over and found they have curbed both nearside alloys checking the automatic parking feature. . These alloys were refurbished less than 10 days ago from Northampton Skoda when I brought the car. 

Is is this what you come to expect from Skoda.

DBECE853-2EFE-4567-BCF7-4F1E6F852FE1.jpeg

E95E3CF5-7134-47BE-AB42-3C24DB37BB1F.jpeg

6F0D3FA6-30C7-4772-A07E-B3B378242079.jpeg

• Sad 1

If it was the dealer at fault, I would demand new wheels and tyres. The good thing is you went round the car when you arrived to book in with the service advisor and they weren't damaged when you dropped it off.

The person who did the deed will know it was them, you need to contact the service manager or head of business straight away to raise the issue.

If you did not go round it and check for damage on arrival, it will be your word against theirs as you can't prove it wasn't done prior to pitching up at the dealer. 

Look at it this way, how do they know you are not trying to pull a fast one if you or someone else in the family Kurbed it without you knowing and you just noticed it as a coincidence like happened to my mint wheel recently, the wife fessed up, I hadn't noticed it and she said oh the other day I scraped a wheel....Sorry 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Butler99990 said:

The fact that a piece of the tyre which is 2” in length   is hanging off, is a give away imo that it’s been done very recent. The car was in for parking issues on my L&K Superb.

True, still doesn’t prove that you haven’t done it. 

The hand over inspection is vitally important as is a look over when you collect the car but no one, staff or customers a like ever do it. Worth asking to see the body inspection on the job card. 

• Like 1

See, there are some good dealers, shouldn't have happened in the first place, but they have owned the problem. I would push for a new wheel though as they have obviously agreed it was their techs fault. If they give you the old one back, you will have a nice alloy for the spare.

• Like 1