Sun blinds with privacy glass

I currently own a Mk6 Golf in which I have been using a set of sub blinds from Car Shades. I am awaiting delivery of a vRS which will have privacy glass in the rear. I have never owned a car with privacy glass so unsure of what (if any) protection from the sun occupants in the rear will get from the privacy glass?

Do owners of cars with privacy glass still use sun blinds to protect their little passengers?

Thanks.

As above, I found the privacy glass only a light to medium tint, nowhere near as dark as previous Volvo or Merc A class so I've got a set of Car Shades as well. Helps keep the dogs cooler

I've got privacy glass in 2 of our cars and yes, still have shades in the back if doing long journeys.

It stops light getting out, not light getting in.

Never heard of a UV rating on tinted windows either do visible light may be deceptive.

Don't have them in mine daily though as when you wind down the windows with the remote and forget about the blinds they tend to pop off or break and ironically that feature is most useful when it's sunny...

13 minutes ago, MeteorOcty said:

Standard privacy glass isn't enough to keep the sun off the little one. I have the fitted car shades which whilst aren't cheap, do the job properly

Who manufactured your shades? I have some in my Golf from Car Shades which are good but aren't perfect.

I've got the car shades ones. Perfect fit on the vrs estate. Would have liked the boot window to be one piece, the join in the middle isn't too bad since they provided extra clips to keep it together.