'FAULT DURING KEY SYNCHRONISATION' Error

So yesterday I was changing the casing on my mother's key (I do these many times a week as part of a refurb service I offer) and for the first time ever I destroyed the transponder. I called someone out to program in a new one and he got nowhere other than actually wiping all keys off the car. So, another guy came to try a couple of different tools and again he got nowhere. He even removed the clocks to try and bench the eeprom but was unable to because of something about 2 connectors vs 4. Well, I had him disable the immo for £50 (even though I can do it - but my tools are in Leicester lol) just so the vehicle could be driven but of course as there are now no registered keys it is throwing up the error 'FAULT DURING KEY SYNCHRONISATION'. How on earth could I possibly get around this? I am in West London at the moment but we are going back to

Eastbourne tomorrow evening so there are various places we could go to or stop off at on the way.

It's a 2008 (MK2) Skoda Fabia 3 1.9TDi PD105 with the EDC15P ECU.

Many, many thanks in advance!