Gloss black B/C pillar VRS Estate

Hi all, I have got really bad swirls/scratches on my B/C pillars which are Gloss Black.

I plan to polish them next weekend or possibly during week but has anyone got any ideas on how I can prevent it from happening after I polish them?

I could put a clear film over them but I'd need to somehow stencil the shape and I dont know how I would do that?

I was also thinking about a ceramic coating on them but would it last or even work for that matter?

Just some thoughts on what I could do to prevent them from coming back would be great :)

Thanks 

Kyle

Edited by KyleHa

Proper wash routine will do the job to prevent new swirls.

Snow foam, leave to dwell for five minutes.

Rinse off snow foam with low pressure stream of water (NOT the power washer lance)

Two bucket method of washing.

Dry car, and wax.

Edited by MoggyTech
  • Like 1

What a nightmare the gloss black is ,i think if you cleaned them with kylie minogues knickers dipped in mother teresa's tears they would still have minute scratches on them ,especially when the sun is on them ,and the wife and passengers always leave fingerprints on them aaaarggh .

Edited by Mickvrs220
Spelling

14 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Pretty sure @Petunet has wrapped his. Search his posts to see how he got them off, seem to remember it's not too difficult.

I've had a look on his page and found how he got them off, might give the clear film idea a go, thanks :) 

1 hour ago, MoggyTech said:

Proper wash routine will do the job to prevent new swirls.

Snow foam, leave to dwell for five minutes.

Rinse off snow foam with low pressure stream of water (NOT the power washer lance)

Two bucket method of washing.

Dry car, and wax.

I've tried my best with all of your above techniques since I picked the car up but it's more when people are getting in/out the car they grab those pillars to shut the doors so I need something that is going to survive being handled.

1 hour ago, Mickvrs220 said:

What a nightmare the gloss black is ,i think if you cleaned them with kylie minogues knickers dipped in mother teresa's tears they would still have minute scratches on them ,especially when the sun is on them ,and the wife and passengers always leave fingerprints on them aaaarggh .

When I get home to find my passengers have left there greasy McDonald's fingers all over the top of the pillars 😓

Me wiping them off has probably contributed to the swirls.

No matter how careful you are piano black trim always pick up scratches.  When I ordered my new vRS I made a point of telling the dealer to leave the protective film on the b-pillars to prevent damage until I installed PPF.  I had mine professionally installed as part of some other work, but had I done this myself I was looking to buy from here 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I get the same marks, it's a very soft, high gloss material, similar to the surrounding on a TV.

Screen wash works pretty good, as does silicon spray, such as armour all dashboard cleaner.

Also shut the door via the door itself, finger prints show up on this stuff like mad.