DRL Fabia 2

...Dont forget to switch lights on at night!

I have lost count of the amount of vehicles I see driving around with DRL's at night. This gives you no rear lights and for some reason, most that are factory fitted illuminate the dash so you "THINK" you are lit up! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrgf said:

...Dont forget to switch lights on at night!

I have lost count of the amount of vehicles I see driving around with DRL's at night. This gives you no rear lights and for some reason, most that are factory fitted illuminate the dash so you "THINK" you are lit up! 

The main reason for those that seem to not notice its dark in front of their cars at night is because years ago the dash did not light until atleast side lights were on, nowadays with ignition powered clusters, it happens all to often.

• Like 3

The light switch has a pin called TFL which is wired through the switched live pin through a normally closed part of the switch so that when the engine is on, power flows through the TFL pin when the lights are off. When you turn the switch on to any of the light choices, the DRLs are turned off.

DRLs are not treated as normal lights, so the tail lights do not illuminate when you have them switched on and they are only meant for driving during the day, hence the D meaning Daylight or Daytime.

• Like 1