WUKIE'S Monte

WUKIE_

Hi Everyone!

This is going to be my "Build Thread" for my 2017 Fabia Monte Carlo Combi. I use the term build thread very loosely as of this moment, as I'm unsure how much I am going to be able to get done.

A very quick bit of background:

First car; 03 Plate, 1.2 Renault Clio - I joined the ClioSport forums, and turned my little baby into a 172 replica. It looked the part, but sadly I never did any performance upgrades.

Second Car: 11 Plate, 1.4 Honda Civic - A nice upgrade in my opinion, again sticking with the theme I bought the Type S model. It lacked that oomph that it needed being quite a heavy car.

May 2018 - I test drove a MK3 Octavia VRS Combi  (Petrol) at my local dealership and fell in love. I wanted an upgrade, but we were expecting my little girl so also wanted the daddy wagon.

August 2018 - The time came for me to get my new car, sadly I massively underestimated the cost of having a child, so I went for what I believed was the next best thing. My 2017 Plate, 1.2 Fabia Monte Carlo Combi.

TLDR: I wanted an Octavia VRS, bought a Monte Carlo Combi instead.

I have now had the car for a year, I have 3 years left on the PCP, and there is one year left of the Manufacturer warranty. It's seen some use over the last year and is in need of some TLC, I will be honest.

It is in need of a proper good clean inside and out, and to remove the nasty scratches left by someone who shouldn't be allowed to park in a multi-storey, and somebody else' rogue keys, that obviously jumped out of their pocket, and rand themselves down the side of my car all by themselves.

My curse has also followed me to this car, and I have had 3 punctures over the last 2 months. One tyre needed replacing, one got repaired, and the third happened yesterday, so the Monte is still on its stabiliser for now.

I will post some pics of the car once I have it all cleaned up, and the scratches removed!

I am unsure what my plan is currently, I am considering keeping it at the end of its PCP run, then I can start with some proper upgrades to the performance. However, the draw to the Octavia is still going strong!

If there are any decent build threads for Monte Carlo Combis please point me in there direction!

Cheers!