Fabia Hatch DSG

Hi all

I'm researching a new car purchase for a relative and have noticed that the Fabia Hatch DSG no longer appears to be an option on the skoda website. Has this been discontinued??  

My guess is that there's a new Fabia coming or maybe the Scala is going go be a replacement. I also note that the Tsi is now the 95bhp version and no longer the 110bhp version. There's not been any clear announcement from VAG.

Might be temporary, last month Skoda produced attached article which said 87% of Fabia are manual gearboxes (which implies 13% are DSG), seems a big chunk for purchasers to abandon forever

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/innovation/technology/manual-or-automatic-keep-an-open-mind/

I suspect there are DSG build capacity problems, as same article suggests percentage of DSG rises with bigger cars. 

The Kodiaq is 85% DSG (so only 15% manual gearbox)

There is also a new manual gearbox going into production MQ281, although not sure which cars it will be fitted to, which could be affecting production and real world testing

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

VAG are already slowly abandoning DSG dry clutch boxes on their smaller to midrange cars in favour of fluid transmission boxes  (torque converter style). These are lighter, tougher, smaller than DSG gearboxes and are less complex. They don't suffer problems either. They are cheaper to produce too. I recently drove the new Golf with the 8spd torque converter gearbox. It was lovely, smooth, precise, economical. No clutches to wear out. I suspect the Fabia will be getting something similar. 

Many manufacturers are already going down, or will be going down the torque converter path instead of DSG and CVT to reduce transmission issues. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

VW Group / Skoda have just introduced 1.0 / 1.5 TSI and 1.6 TDI Scala and the Kamiq with DQ200 DSG's and sell MY20 Octavia, & Karoq with them.

No sign of slowly abandoning the DQ200 DSG with a new model Skoda, well not yet since the newest one not yet delivered to customers like the Kamiq.

@GeneralPurpose

Which VW Group small capacity cars have the Torque Converter Autoboxes that VW have introduced & what is the box called?

What engine was in this Mk8 Golf with 8 speed torque converter gearbox you drove?

The Golf GTE and Audi A3 Hybrids 1.4TSI's on sale from 2015 /16 had different DSG's fitted.

Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 07.19.39.png

Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 07.20.14.png

Way back in 2015.

Edited by Roottootemoot

Struggling to find any press releases from VW on the new Torque Converter Automatics or what models they have fitted them to.

Plenty on the new manual boxes though.

Then early 2019 this on the DQ400-e 6 

http://volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/stories/a-triumph-for-the-automatic-4567

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/technology/under-skin-how-torque-converters-improve-refinement

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Thanks 1