are these good quotes from my garage?

JLawson90

first of all, apologies this is about my 2011 VW Passat Estate 2.0 TDI.. not a skoda lol

so I have a rear offside ABS sensor error on my 2011 estate .. garage has quote 85 quid to supply and replace the part, reasonable or not?

Also, I have a knock which is coming from the front ARB links .. again I'm wondering if the 70 they've quoted to supply and fit replacements is a good price or not?

also.. are either of these easy enough to do by the side of the road? I'm handy with my tools but have no lift, so not sure whether taking these on just on axle stands would be biting off too much? 

I can get a pair of 'starline' arb links from ECP for £26 so if I could do these myself would save a decent amount of money

Sorry for the spam! however .. I'm confident I can do the drop links after a little digging around .. but that also unearthed bad reputations from both starline and GSF 

so what brand drop links should I be looking at? any of the below?

Corteco £22
Delphi £24
TRW £26
Febi £26.50
Meyle £32

they're all from euspares.co.uk

I've used Corteco sump plugs but no idea if their suspension parts are any good. Don't know about Delphi either. You should be fine with any of the other three brands there.

It's normally false economy to fit cheap parts so you are right to be sceptical about the cheap drop links.

The prices from your garage sound quite reasonable to me, but I'm a southerner and garage labour rates might be higher here.

I don't know how much they've changed, but both these jobs were an easy DIY on my 1999 B5 Passat.  I seem to remember a recommendation to nip the drop links up with the suspension settled and the weight of the car on it, so did mine on a pair of drive-on ramps.  Used Febi parts and only had to change them the once.

Gaz