Replacement Haedlight unit for a 2014 L&K

Need a new LH headlight unit for a 2014 L&K Combi as someone reversed into it. They have said that they will pay however I’ve been quoted £693 fitted. This is from an independent garage not a main dealer, seems a bit excessive or am I wrong?

That is very cheap if it is including the cost of the lamp, which by that price must be using a salvage yard source for the headlight. They are I believe a £1000 new from a dealer. Don't forget that they are xenon lights.

Think of what's inside it, electronics, mini gearboxes, electric actuators, ground glass lens, reflector lens and if a FL then led strips. 

It's no surprise that they are expensive. 

Thanks for the quick replies, apparently it is a genuine Skoda part, think I’m getting it fitted cheap as my brother in law owns the garage. I feel sorry for the old guy who did the damage, when I saw the damage to his car I was really surprised I had only a cracked headlight still I working order! Just shows you how solid Superbs are.

14 hours ago, MikeH01 said:

when I saw the damage to his car I was really surprised I had only a cracked headlight

I think you should have your car checked carefully - you may only see a broken headlight unit but there could be other things going on behind the bumper etc. Did your brother in law have a good look ? (sounds like he has your back - the price he offered you for the OEM headlight is very nice).