New Roomster owner saying hi

Hi everyone, I have been happy as a mk1 vrs owner for some time and mrs bear has a fiat 500, until today. When we became very happy owners of a 14 plate 1.6 tdi roomster. We’ve not done a lot of miles in it as yet, but so far we are absolutely blown away by the space and comfort of the thing. 

The only things I would like to change are adding cruise control (although we don’t really do the distances to warrant it), adding roof bars (get the dealer to do it if the cost is reasonable) and adding Bluetooth/ swapping swing for balero or Amundsen head unit if it a straight swap.

i love the pano roof and the power compared to the furby is impressive, (it is the 105bhp) so not too dissimilar. 

Im sure I’ll be showing up here more over the next few weeks/months as I find queries etc.

thanks, my folks have a Petrol, for us the diesel was better due to the mpg and the wife’s driving commute as well as being a family runaround. We got a great deal I thought. The depreciation on the roomster is shocking. But great for 2nd hand owners like us 👍🏼

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Adding Roof Rails

Get a price from the Spares Dept. for supply, and also for supply and fit.

They used to do a fixed price deal that was pretty good value - Hopefully they are still doing this.

If you go through the Service Dept. they charge much more.

Best optional extras that I have found are

1. Heko wind deflectors - Heko  Cheap at ~£25

2. RGM rear bumper guard - DirectCarParts  - Better than Skoda OEM version

3. Privacy shades - CarShades - SuperSkoda were the best (after Climair.de) but sadly both not available now.

4. Centre armrest (if DSG) - Skoda OEM - Part 3B0 864 209 AC seems to be same as for Golf/Jetta Mk4 - Currently on theBay for cheap Here and Here and others - BUT - I think has different mount adapter : ( 

Needs Part 5J0864273 Mount as well as different plastic pieces.

http://www.oemepc.com/skoda/part_single/catalog/sk/markt/CZ/modell/RO/year/2010/drive_standart/481/hg_ug/863/subcategory/863060/part_id/2545298/lang/e

Edited by petrev
  • Like 1

Hi DB 84.  Welcome to you both, i'm sure you'll enjoy the car for many years, i'm on my 11th year with mine.

The main thing most people find, is the headlights not very good, depends on how much you use the car at night.

There are plenty of posts on this site about them.