Glow plug engine light come on

Hi new here just bought Octavia elegance 1.6 tdi 2012 24.734 miles, glowplug and engine light has come on. First time throttle body changed now happened again and gone into limp mode on M3. Any suggestions 

Please check and clean injector loom before replacing injector,.it is and can be an issue and is much cheaper than an injector, which should last the life of your car!? Unplug all connections and clean/spray with contact/switch cleaner(NOT WD40 or the likes)seat the connectors back in nice and tight...clear the code and see how you go.. 

3 minutes ago, Ardle said:

Please check and clean injector loom before replacing injector,.it is and can be an issue and is much cheaper than an injector, which should last the life of your car!? Unplug all connections and clean/spray with contact/switch cleaner(NOT WD40 or the likes)seat the connectors back in nice and tight...clear the code and see how you go.. 

I’ve not heard of an injector loom issue before, any further details of what the issue is?

13 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

I’ve not heard of an injector loom issue before, any further details of what the issue is?

You should see the injector connectors sitting proud on top of your engine with clip connectors that can be taken off/disconnected and inspected..... If you do a Google search for images,. I would definitely do that first of all. Good Luck

1 hour ago, Ardle said:

You should see the injector connectors sitting proud on top of your engine with clip connectors that can be taken off/disconnected and inspected..... If you do a Google search for images,. I would definitely do that first of all. Good Luck

I know what they look like, just hadn’t come across a wiring issue as yet. That said changed plenty of injectors which as a common issue on the 1.6 CR. 

Injector wire, connectors and complete loom should always be the first things to be tested when an injector fault appears.. happened me twice on previous cars,.the only time I actually needed an injector replaced was on a 2001 vw passat with 470000mls on it. Some miles eyyyy 😎

Sorry lads I just want to clarify,that because of previous issues with 'injectors' in the past and doing a lot of research and finding out that it's more often than not the actual wiring that's the problem...I always advice checking/testing the injector loom before replacing the actual EXPENSIVE injector.. yes in previous years the injectors were located in under the rocker head and would get very hot and cold oily etc which led to brittleness and cracking of plastic connector housing which led to issues and faults... I suppose I'm just paranoid when it comes to this fault. So get the wiring checked first just to be sure. Thank You 😉

OK so just look under the bonnet, have diesel sloshing around on all 4 injectors with a bit of oil thrown in for good measure!! Will await outcome tomorrow methinks

11 hours ago, MickBis said:

OK so just look under the bonnet, have diesel sloshing around on all 4 injectors with a bit of oil thrown in for good measure!! Will await outcome tomorrow methinks

That doesn't sound good,  then again might be an O ring/ rubber washer,. hope it's a cheap fix 🤞

Edited by Ardle