Sat Nav speed limits on Amundsen

gregwhates

My 66 L&K often shows two different speed limits, such as the 50 and 60 signs on a 60mph limit.

I assumed this was to do with the using a trailer option in the nav settings, but this makes no difference if it is selected or not. I don't even have a tow bar!

Does anybody know how to get it to show the correct speed for just a normal car?

I think the maps were correct. It is giving you two speed limits as it doesn't know if you are driving a commercial vehicle or a car, which have different speed limits.

What is missing is an option to tell the unit what type of vehicle it has been installed into.

The working update has presumably had the commercial vehicle limit display suppressed.

1 hour ago, gregwhates said:

Downloading now!

What car and infotainment unit did you choose? ... Tiguan (2016) and Discovery Media ... for the Skoda Yeti Amundsen unit with 2 SD card slots.

On 25/08/2019 at 11:52, Rustynuts said:

Maps speed limit is fixed on ECE 2020. You can find that download through VW maps download site, Skoda are quite a bit behind.

Exactly where is that as any searches require me to say what vw I have to go any further, and seem to want a genuine VW sd card towork?

And the ones I have looked at have a different style of media installation to the Skoda unit, and the file reference is different.

36 minutes ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Exactly where is that as any searches require me to say what vw I have to go any further, and seem to want a genuine VW sd card towork?

And the ones I have looked at have a different style of media installation to the Skoda unit, and the file reference is different.

The Skoda and VW SD cards are exactly the same with a different sticker on. They're completely interchangeable.

Go on the VW site and select the 2016 Tiguan for example and then you'll see the Discover Media option. That'll get you the correct maps although you could choose any vehicle such as a Golf with a Discover system As they're all the same maps

• Like 1

Well after 3 attempts I managed to achieve a working download, a few missing roads around my daughters house have now appeared on the map.

Can't understand why Skoda don't update at the same time as vw maps are updated as from same company!

• Like 1