In the process of getting a few jobs done on the car

Lynn67

Doing a few jobs on my car whilst i have a week off.

Headlights done.

before  and after.

I think they came up pretty good 😊👍

20190903_123420.jpg

20190903_142655.jpg

Edited by Lynn67
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lynn67 said:

Doing a few jobs on my car whilst i have a week off.

Headlights done.

before  and after.

I think they came up pretty good 😊👍

20190903_123420.jpg

20190903_142655.jpg

Rear washer sorted and working again😁👍.

It had come apart in 3 places: behind the wheel arch liner, the back of the engine and up beside the rear seat.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peterj222 said:

Nice work. I think I would be topping the coolant up whilst the bonnet is up as from this angle it looks a fair way below minimum!!

Yes I did top the coolant up and the screen wash .

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, w.t100 said:

Front fog lights let it down now.They won't clean.

👍 cheers for pointing that out they need replacing 🙄

I got rained off doing the doors today so hopefully it will be dry tomorrow and I can get them done 😊

Edited by Lynn67

The worst rear door done, this still had the original foam sealant strip on.

Can anyone give me advice on the best way to attach the rubber on the car frame work pic 2 thanks.

20190905_132254.jpg

20190905_134859.jpg

9 hours ago, Lynn67 said:

Can anyone give me advice on the best way to attach the rubber on the car frame work pic 2 thanks.

I'm not clear what you're doing - are you trying to seal the door carriers? What do you mean by attach the rubber to the framework?

Lovely cats and doggy :thumbup:

24 minutes ago, TMB said:

I'm not clear what you're doing - are you trying to seal the door carriers? What do you mean by attach the rubber to the framework?

Lovely cats and doggy :thumbup:

It's the rubber seal  that runs on the actual car from the rear door along to the front door it has come away from the bodywork on the corner on the pic.

I've done the rear door carriers.

Yeah they kept me company whilst I was working on the car 😊

Edited by Lynn67

Oh right, yeah, that particular rubber is self-adhesive. A new one would be the best plan. I guess you could try gluing it but I wouldn't recommend it.

Edited by TMB
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TMB said:

Oh right, yeah, that particular rubber is self-adhesive. A new one would be the best plan. I guess you could try glueing it but I wouldn't recommend that really.

I thought it looked like it had something like double sided sticky tape on the rubber where it had come away. It looks like it has shrunk with age looking at it.

I must take a pic tomorrow of the rear washer connection at the back of the engine as mine was different to the ones I have read about and seen in a pics on other threads but it was easy to push back on.

This is the connection at the back of the engine for my rear washer it took me a while to locate it as I was looking for the one I had seen on another thread.

I definitely need a new pollen filter though any advice on the best place to order one.

20190907_182908.jpg

20190907_131944.jpg

11 minutes ago, Lynn67 said:

This is the connection at the back of the engine for my rear washer it took me a while to locate it as I was looking for the one I had seen on another thread.

I definitely need a new pollen filter though any advice on the best place to order one.

20190907_182908.jpg

20190907_131944.jpg

And the winner of the dirtiest pollen filter of all time goes to ...

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, VRS_White_Hatch said:

And the winner of the dirtiest pollen filter of all time goes to ...

😂🤣 yep I think that must be one of the worst ones👍

Part number for the cabin filter is 6Q0 820 367B. If you put that number into ebay there is lots of them.

Something worth noting is that a very dirty cabin filter can cause the fan speed resistor to burn out because it lives in the heater casing and relies on good air flow to cool it.

You have to remove the black plastic frame off the old filter and fit it onto the new one.

Edited by TMB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

Something worth noting is that a very dirty cabin filter can cause the fan speed resistor to burn out because it lives in the heater casing and relies on good air flow to cool it.

How would you know if that had happened, I know the blower is working alright?

Just now, Lynn67 said:

How would you know if that had happened, I know the blower is working alright?

Usually the first speed to stop working is the lowest (first speed).

• Like 1

Just now, TMB said:

Usually the first speed to stop working is the lowest (first speed).

It's just lucky that I haven't used my blower much and it does work on all speeds and speeds up when I put it in reverse 

Just now, Lynn67 said:

It's just lucky that I haven't used my blower much and it does work on all speeds and speeds up when I put it in reverse 

Good stuff :thumbup:

If ever you needed one, they are cheap and plentiful...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=skoda+fabia+fan+resistor&_sacat=0

Five screws to remove the glovebox and the resistor just slots into the heater casing. Fiddly job but quite easy.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

Good stuff :thumbup:

If ever you needed one, they are cheap and plentiful...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=skoda+fabia+fan+resistor&_sacat=0

Five screws to remove the glovebox and the resistor just slots into the heater casing. Fiddly job but quite easy.

Thank you I appreciate your advice and help. Getting the pollen filter out is a bit like that as well I had to start getting it out with pliers to begin with I couldn't believe how much leaves and bits were in there just as well I read on another thread to put newspaper down first,

Edited by Lynn67
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

No probs :)

Yes it's a fiddly and mucky job. Haha

I blew the worst off with the air compressor first so that the poor James hoover didn't have the worst of it 😂. At least my plenum are working and draining water away.

• Like 1