Has anyone fitted a set of roof bars to a fabia with a panoramic roof ? I'd like to go mountain biking further afield but can't find anything online regarding whether roof bars can be fitted to the glass roof on my monte carlo hatchback. There appears to be no possibility of using a rear cycle carrier. For whatever reason, all the websites advise against that. 

I use a Saris Bones on the back of my Fabia without any issues. I used to have roof bars on my old cars, but got fed up getting new fitting kits and having to lump my mountain bike up onto the roof. With the Saris Bones, I can just put it on and take it off as and when I need it and not have the constant wind noise of roof bars etc. I've had since my Citigo so is easy to change from car to car.

There are a pair of locating holes in each of the top of the door apertures for roof bars on our Monte with glass roof. Kinda suggests roof bar fitment is OK.