All season tyres

Vectis

Due to the tracking screwing up my front tyres and not having been over impressed with the Bridgestones I have just ordered 4 Vredestein quatrac Pro 225/45 r19 all seasons for my 2.0l tdi 4x4 dsg as the choice for a decent all season tyre seems quite limited. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vectis said:

Due to the tracking screwing up my front tyres and not having been over impressed with the Bridgestones I have just ordered 4 Vredestein quatrac Pro 225/45 r19 all seasons for my 2.0l tdi 4x4 dsg as the choice for a decent all season tyre seems quite limited. 

Get a 4 wheel alignment done straight after new tyres fitted.

If you can try and find a Hunter alignment centre, then should be sorted properly.  

Some tyre centres will offer realignment but not as comprehensive as will probably just reset basic tracking.

Good choice of tyre, suggest you swap front-back in about another 14k miles to even out the wear.

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

I've decided to go with Bridgestone WeatherControl tyres on my car in 225/55R18 fitment. Slightly larger than the OE 225/50R18 fitment but the choice is zero in that size. With my current tyres, I have not needed to rotate as they are all at 2.5mm after 21K miles. (2.0Tdi DSG 4x4). Bridgestone do them in your size. https://www.bridgestone.co.uk/car-tyres/all-season-tyres-weather-control/a005/tyre-sizes/

Edited by Luckypants

44 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

I've decided to go with Bridgestone WeatherControl tyres on my car in 225/55R18 fitment. Slightly larger than the OE 225/50R18 fitment but the choice is zero in that size. With my current tyres, I have not needed to rotate as they are all at 2.5mm after 21K miles. (2.0Tdi DSG 4x4). Bridgestone do them in your size. https://www.bridgestone.co.uk/car-tyres/all-season-tyres-weather-control/a005/tyre-sizes/

Yes, Appears there is no all seasons in 225/50 R18

Pirelli did them (but discontinued), also were Goodyear Eagle (also no longer available)

Typical of Skoda UK, choose a wheel and tyre size that is so obscure for UK spec cars that finding all year tyres is a problem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...