Karoq at Idle when not required

Channel

Own a Karoq 2.0d 4x4 SEL. Had it for one year and in that time when manoevering  or traveling slowly in slow moving traffic the car goes into idle mode .  It has done it now 12 times.  Been to Skoda twice cannot find a fault.  Yesterday it happened in a safe place summon Skoda assist.  Back to Skoda again with a couple of pages of faults.  Any idea would be appreciated, before I demand a replacement.  When it happens on the motorway with no hard shoulder which has been turned into a running lane by the idiots at Highways England it does get a bit exciting.

Yes just tickover. If I press the accelerator pedal the revs increase by about 25 to 50.  This is in any of the DSG gears.  Pressing stop start makes no difference.  The other surprise when in my driveway in idle /tickover mode with no increase in revs available I pressed the off road button and the engine stopped, and restarted when pressed again.  When the engine was switched off and restarted everything appears to be reset.  The big worry is when waiting at a large roundabout for a gap and the car in front has gone you end up going across at 3mph hoping that not much is coming from the right so that you can stop and restart, but every body behind is sitting on the horn.

You need to take it back to the dealer - this is a safety issue - you could be part the way out of a junction when this happens and cause an accident..

They may fob you off... but tell them you want a replacement  / loan car unless they are 100% sure the repair they do has fixed the issue.

There is other threads on here with same issue..

Just an example

Edited by SimonAudi
Added Link

Were Skoda Assist willing to share with you their findings, especially the fault codes that were recorded?

This is another benefit to dash cams, to prove these often intermittent faults exist. Provide the dealer with your evidence, reject their fobbing off, jump in a courtesy car and ask to be contacted only when they can show you what they've replaced / fixed to rectify the fault.

The old "bring it back if it happens again / gets worse" excuse is pedalled far too often.

Hi

Silver1011.  Yes they were and the fault codes were recorded.  Fortunately the last time it did it was on Tuesday and there was somewhere to stop to leave the engine running so the the fault was actually happening because as soon you stop and restart the fault disappears until the next time.  Hopefully if there is a next they will change the car or refund the money. The other major problem is reselling/Part exchanging with another manufacturer, you must tell of the defect and soon as you do nobody is interested.

• Like 1

This is the AA report of the problem as he found it.

Does not mean much to me but I am sure it will to others.

Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control - VEI / Diesel EDC 17C74 UDS Status :U112300 - Data bus. Error Message : Signal reception. Sporadic fault. Status :U042800 - Steering wheel angle sensor. Error Message : Signal improbable. Sporadic fault.Vehicle has other fault codes storedu140600, b145501 ,b110231, b147a18 , b1330fspatrol found that vehicle was running on arrival but wont rev up member explained this has been an ongoing issue with the vehicle and once the vehicle is turned off and left for 30 seconds and restarted normal operation resumes there was no warning lights on dashall fault codes have been left in all ECU's suspect software issue or update required advise member to arrange to get booked in at dealersafe to drive