Somebody has hit my front bumper at sometime...MOT woes

My car just failed its MOT for leaky headlight washers....

Because the MOT is done indoors, the auto lights were selected and thus switched the lights on.

When they tried the windscreen washers (which worked).. the headlamp washer motor activated, but all it did was dump washer fluid over the wheel/ floor.

Thus MOT failed... retest when fixed.... guy said the pipe had probably come off.

I got home and pulled out the fog light to see the offending area, and found the jet cylinder behind the bumper was smashed at the rear with the pipe connector part hanging loose.

Someone has obviously reversed into my front bumper at sometime and pushed the headlight washer area in enough to break it 😞 although there is no clear  evidence of a bump.

Trying to source the jet cylinder... think it is this here    ( for a driver side of a 2011 octy) ...pain in the butt 😞

Edited by promethian
  • Sad 1

I had this after hitting a bin which flew into the road. Ripped off my head light washer cover and damaged the plastic connector into the headlight washer.

cost just under £100 including parts and labour to fix.

If you have xenons it’s a legal requirement and automatic MOT fail unfortunately hence why I had to have mine done.

your local Skoda dealer will know which part you need. Cost me about £39 I think

That sucks!
I was in the bank a few weeks ago, and saw the rear end of a car back into mine and drive off, couldnt get the reg as he darted around the corner before I managed to get outside.
No one saw anything of course....
Rear bumper took the hit, its cracked the paint

On a positive, mine failed its MOT  today but passed shortly afterwards after having an anti roll bar drop link changed
2010 plate, 94'000 miles, owned since new and absolutely no plans to change this car, I Love it!!
(its also my 2nd vRS, had my Mark 1 for 8 years before this one)

😊