2.0 tsi vrs Injector ccza engine

I have replaced 2 injectors in the last 2 x months, one failed, then another one, so replaced them all when the last one went so i have 4 new ones. I have had 3 get stuck open and fail in the last 2 x years hence they are all now replaced. The first time one got stuck open i had to drive 4 / 5 miles afterwards and was smoking and smelt strong of fuel but that was 10k miles ago. This last time i was lucky and stopped after 30 seconds at the side of the road. 

Anyway all is back together, and have done 160 miles since i replaced them. However whilst there are are no engine codes, it runs fine through the rev range, i can't help but feel like something is holding it back at approx 2k rpm. It is a strange sensation, there is no hesitation, but when i sort of sit at a stable speed at low revs it as if someone puts the handbrake on slightly, like it is being restricted. It isnt noticable to a passenger. Now i thought maybe the cat got melted with the extra fuel dumped in the exhaust, and it is causing back pressure or something but it revs ok and doesn't seem to affect performance. 

No engine lights. The only thing i did do was run the engine with the rubber hose off the throttle body during the test drive as i  forgot to tighten up the clamp and went out in it and had a terrible drive and eventually the pipe came off and it kept stalling when the throttle body butterfly opened. That was an easy remedy and all has been ok other than that strange holding back sensation but only sometimes. 

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Edited by kton200281

Below 2k, there won't be any turbo pressure of note or possibly none as all, the torque curve isn't flat until 2300 rpm plus. Maybe your just noticing now because of the focus post injector replacement.  

You could run some diagnostic logging to check for boost requested / supplied. There is probably some logging for injectors paramters too but I wouldn't know what you are looking for.