CAN Gateway and Bolero

ruffday

Hi all. Just after a bit of info.

After reading a lot of info on swapping my stream radio to the Bolero unit it looks like some early cars have an issue with battery drain.

I believe this is fixed with an upgrade on the CAN Gateway side of things. I cant find the article I read that gave specific details.

I have also just got VCDS so did a scan and my car is fitted with IKO 907 530L.

Can anyone tell me if I need to update the CAN gateway to fit a Bolero.

I have bought one already and it is a Delphi unit.

Thanks 

Well just an update if anyone checks. The Bolero I bought went straight in and I am happy with it,

I do have to turn on the side lights as the screen is dim when switched on.

No battery drain so far so looks like that wont be an issue.

The radio reception is poor but so was the stream but I have yet to fit the aerial adaptor.

The best thing is it was a local bargain off facebook for a massive £30. 

• 2 months later...
On 28/09/2019 at 19:39, ruffday said:

Well just an update if anyone checks. The Bolero I bought went straight in and I am happy with it,

I do have to turn on the side lights as the screen is dim when switched on.

No battery drain so far so looks like that wont be an issue.

The radio reception is poor but so was the stream but I have yet to fit the aerial adaptor.

The best thing is it was a local bargain off facebook for a massive £30. 

Hi. I'm doing it as well. Do You have steering wheel with buttons ? Are they working for You? And everything is good with your battery till today ?

Edited by T00M

5 hours ago, T00M said:

Hi. I'm doing it as well. Do You have steering wheel with buttons ? Are they working for You? And everything is good with your battery till today ?

No I don't have the steering wheel controls. I fitted the aerial adaptor off ebay and reception is now good and upto now no issues with the battery.

The only downside being the display for reverse sensors but it still beeps so not really a problem.  

14 minutes ago, ruffday said:

No I don't have the steering wheel controls. I fitted the aerial adaptor off ebay and reception is now good and upto now no issues with the battery.

The only downside being the display for reverse sensors but it still beeps so not really a problem.  

Thanks for answer. I have steering wheel control, but I guess not for a long. Just waiting for my aerial adaptor and gateway.

I have had company cars for a long time until I was recently made redundant and they all had steering wheel controls. But to be honest I don't really miss them and with the Bolero being touch screen is so easy to use.

10 minutes ago, ruffday said:

I have had company cars for a long time until I was recently made redundant and they all had steering wheel controls. But to be honest I don't really miss them and with the Bolero being touch screen is so easy to use.

One more question. How did You put songs in SD cards ? I mean in folders or sth ? 

1 minute ago, T00M said:

One more question. How did You put songs in SD cards ? I mean in folders or sth ? 

I have not put any on an SD card yet and only got a couple of mp3 cd's in at the moment as just not got around to it but I'm sure when I had my last one I just copied folders over.

Just remember that although the std boot changer had 6 disc's it will only play normal cd's where the Bolero will take 6 disc's with mp3 files. So depending on the size of your files you should get 70-80 albums.