2011 TSI Engine rebuild.

I have suffered from the dreaded timing chain tensioner failure. Had an independent VAG garage take a look, and they can see excessive damage on pistons 1 & 4. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for companies around the Yorkshire area who carry out engine rebuilding,reconditioning? 

Have been in contact with a company called Dal Jones in Kent who have quoted £1495+ VAT. Would prefer localish rather than shipping car down.

Thanks

Give these guys a call, for a comparative cost which I would expect to be more expensive for what the job likely entails.

I am pretty sure I have seen DAL Jones slagged off somewhere on here but couldn't seem to put my finger on it.

I have no experience of either rebuulder. Only that what  Halesowen engines said in the thread made sense and they advised against only a ring change on a 1.8Tsi. And their prices for a rebuild considerably more than what you are quoted.  I'd say £1500 would barly cover stripping down new timing chain related innards and some head repairs like valves. Pistons is going to be more. IMO...

https://www.halesowenengines.co.uk/engine-repairs

They are closer, Birmingham but not what you would call local.