Coming back to the Skoda fold...

Chris_VRS

Hello one and all,

I've just left a deposit on a 2011 Superb estate having been away from Skoda's for a few years - is it sad to be a little excited for collection on Monday?, not to mention a weight being lifted from my shoulders but that's a whole different story.

I was last here a good few years ago, myself and Baker21 being regular contributors to the Car Care sub-forum.

My last Skoda was a 2015 Octavia VRS wagon which didn't last long in my ownership.

Having flirted with an F11 BMW 5-series and most recently a W221 S-class LWB I'm looking forward to being back behind a Czech wheel again - yes there are better looking cars, quicker cars, better riding cars etc but there is a lot to be said for being a competent all-rounder!

Anyway, enough ramblings I'm now going to peruse eBay for rubber mats, boot liner and the like!

See you around.

Cheers,

Chris

1 hour ago, TheClient said:

Well, welcome back here.

Lots of things in the post to ask questions about!.....  What was the 5 Series like? Often thought I would like to try one for a while.

Thank you.

The 5-series - hmm well it felt wide on the road, didn't shrink around you unlike other cars which are wide but don't feel it when driving.

Decent build quality, I specifically went for SE spec as the seats are much more comfortable and ride comfort significantly better than m-sport.

Mine was a 520d auto, big car for a 2.0 to haul around and felt strained on occasion, fuel economy wasn't great either because of this. ZF 8spd box excellent as it is in most cars its fitted too.

Not much rear seat legroom, an Octavia has more room, let alone a Superb.

I also held out for Xenon headlamps as standard lamps have woeful output and also the widescreen nav - not because I used the nav but because the dash looks cheap and horrible with the small screen.

I never revisit cars I've had before but if I was to consider one I'd look for a 6cyl diesel.

Anything else just shout.

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1